,

New Eye Candy: The Halloween Guy

Monday, September 7, 2009 Leave a Comment

I started keeping up with Spookshows.com this past spring - it is one of those simple websites where someone (the Halloween Guy) decided to (A) put together a collection of something cool (vintage Halloween goods and decorations) and (B) make  little money by re-integrating these beautiful designs back into our lexicon.  In point of fact, I'm going to throw three separate but equally important websites at you:


  1. Spookshows.com itself.  Go on.  Peruse.  I'll wait.
  2. The Halloween Guy's Flickr Photostream (the visual impact of most of this stuff is absolutely magnificent - I keep thinking about the work of Gary Baseman
  3. The Halloween Guy's specific Flickr photo set of Vintage Halloween goods.  I'm salivating.  Really.  I totally am.
Halloween Guy - I love you.  Manly, Platonic love, but love none the less.  Why?  Because you've reminded me of how I used to sit in my living room floor and draw and redraw the ghosts, bats, cats, and haunted houses of the Halloween bags that I never threw out until they were ratty and thin (and which now, in retrospect, I perhaps should have never let go).

Only fifty-four days till the goblins come out - - - perhaps it is time for a little Ichabod Crane on DVD.

0 comments »

Leave your response!